Monday, March 11, 2013

I always love going to women's conference and this weekend was especially wonderful!! My favorite class was 'Simplify your Life'. It wasn't about cutting things out of your life or getting organized which I thought it would be.  Oh no, it was much more. About turning our ways into His ways.  We all have our set of beliefs and we all act. It was about joining the two. Doesn't it make sense to make my beliefs my actions. So the goal is to find out what is really important to me. What do I want out of these areas...
    1- my relationship with God, 
2- my relationship with my family,
 3- my relationship with others, 
4- my relationship with my self.
Those become my beliefs, now I want to act on those beliefs. 
1- Ponder on what my specific belief is.
2- ACT on what the spirit tells me.
3- Make time for quiet time. Christ will let me know I'm doing okay.
4- Stop judging myself and others. Be merciful.
5- Make sure I've got my sisters back(as in 'I got yo back!')
6- Get advice and help from those doing it better.
7- We are not meant to do these things alone!
I loved these funny quotes she had "I'm super lazy today! Which is like normal lazy, but I'm also wearing a cape."
"I got so much procrastination done today!" (so me!)
Another class was about making weak things strong. Her main points were on having compassion on yourself, and remembering your worth is intact. Just like a $20 bill is worth the same no matter how beat up, dirty and trampled upon it is, you are worth no less for having some bad days, habits etc.
So good. 

No comments: