Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let me explain my basement to you. You come down the stairs and can open a door to the left that is a very creepy tunnel to the garage that is used right now for storing headstones-believe me when I say we have awesome haunted houses! If you turn right there is a room where the boys sleep under normal circumstances. If you go straight you go into a very large room - about 3 bedrooms big, and that's the master/office. Well only the East end of our house gets any heat at all so instead of running a space heater 24/7 in the boys room with it doing very little to make things cozy, we decided to move them into our room. They have a little nook where a queen size bed fits perfectly. And of course we have Paden in there as he's only 4 months. But poor Paden has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor. The crib we've had is a little rickety, it's been passed down through 9 children! When Emmett was about 16 months I had put him down for a nap and was upstairs. A few minutes later as I was doing dishes, I turned around and there was Emmett! I was a little freaked and went down to see that the bottom had fallen out and he crawled right out. Glad he was big enough to know what to do. I've been hesitant to use it again and knew we had to get a new one soon before Paden started rolling around, but to my wonderful surprise my mom and dad brought us an awesome crib yesterday. Yahoo, Paden, you graduate to a bed! So now we have 5 people in this bedroom and I feel so cozy with my family all near! Mansions are over rated!
In other news we had a lovely cookie exchange. Kids got to frost sugar cookies and make rice crispie wreaths and we brought home tons of treats. Homemade twix bars, fudge, pb cubs, sugar cookies, chocolate pretzels, etc. Emmett very much enjoyed licking the frosting, 
Ty liked to dump the sprinkles on his cookies. 
Both loved being able to run and wrestle with the uncles and cousins. I hope this can be a tradition.
Speaking of traditions we like to see the Witches and Elves at Gardner Village during the holidays. 
Today we did just that. 
Of course, these aren't the real elves because real elves are 'super tiny, they can slide under doors and listen to all we say.' I feel like we've been taking advantage of Santa Clause this year. It's a little ridiculous. Threat after threat that there will be no Christmas...I know we sound like great parents! Yesterday though, Josh finally had to give Santa a call and let him know these little boys were being awfully naughty. I hate to jinx myself but they have been little angels the last 24 hours. Eating, dressing, listening without a fuss. It's been wonderful! They also got an email from Santa from here and were in amazement that he knew they weren't going to bed. I'm not quite sure what we'll do when Christmas won't be around for another year. Cupid? Leprechauns? Ya, not great... 
I sure do adore them. Emmett's endless stories with friends Angy and Jeff, Ty's energy, Padens coos and giggles. All such good snugglers which I am so grateful for:)
These are my bff's minus 3. Life would be rather dull without these beautiful, wonderful women. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute! Miss you so much. So glad Paden has a crib to sleep in. :) I need to bust out the 'no Christmas card' more often. I've got some crazies on me hands!!

gillar girl said...

You guys are the cutest! Even though living in our condo was a little squishy, we have so many cozy, happy memories from that time. Mansions ARE overrated!!