Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A glorious bomb went off at our house. All our goodies from the past two days litter the floor, the couch, the tables. Outside is frightful but so beautiful! We snuggled down for the day, we never got out of our pajamas actually. Josh had the day off and we've been watching movies and playing army all day. Seriously I thought we had more than enough guns and swords before Christmas, but oh boy, I was wrong. We are set for a MAJOR hunt.. or war. It's amazing that they can play all day. Their endless stories are amazing! I love their imaginations! I tried to get them to take a nap with me today. I thought I might succeed just because they snuggled right in. I gave out kisses, then Ty gave Emmett a kiss, then Emmett gave us all a kiss and then kissed his finger and kind of sniggered. I asked 'did you just give yourself a kiss?' and then he burst out laughing. That triggered the next 15 minutes of rolling around, curling into balls, hunkering down under cover. Finally I let them be and they happily retreated upstairs to continue their awesome games.
Festivities began - continued I should say - on Saturday with a birthday party for grandma McMillan. She is so lucky because Santa always makes a special trip to her house on her birthday. Kids gathered round and sang songs, (I have the Best picture of Ty singing. His mouth is as open as it will go belting Rudolph. Unfortunately he cut my USB cord! so no pics for awhile...stinker!) then one by one they sat on Santa's knee. Emmett hopped up with excitement, but melted as soon as he sat on his lap. Two fingers went straight into the nose and we couldn't make out a word he was saying. In frustration he finally yelled 'A Robot!' Yes sir! Too bad he didn't mention this before:) Then Ty's turn. It took him awhile but eventually gave in to the prodding. When he got up there he cozied right up and swung his one leg over Santa's other knee like he owned the man. He didn't tell him what he wanted because 'my mom has the list'. We were making such a fuss about seeing Santa that night and they both were like 'we've already seen him.' Ok so maybe next year we won't see two Santa's and get an email from him, and talk to him on the phone.
Christmas Eve we spent at my mom and dad's down in Bountiful. We were SO excited to see the snow fall! It would be a white Christmas after all! We headed down about 2:30 to be there at 3, but we were making amazing time despite the snow...until we hit the dreaded Indian Springs. For 30 minutes we inched our way up the last stretch - a block! Our tires were a bit bald, now they are completely void of traction. Cars were passing us like it was no big deal. We finally found a less slick spot and cruised up to the stop sign. Josh was gung ho, but I screamed 'there's a car coming! So he slammed the breaks, then saw where the car was and was like 'I could've made that!' Sorry. (insert timid laugh). It was a little tense in the car to say the least. Kids were silent - very unlikely. Some good samaritans finally helped push us up the rest of the way. Ridiculous I tell you! We had tons of fun though at grandma and grandpa's. Yummy food, a little singing, playing White Elephant - where we made out with some pretty awesome stuff, lightbulbs and seat cushions, oh yeah! Some other funnies were the life size Jenny Craig poster "you don't have to do it alone", a bone carving Josh and I brought home from our honeymoon - the things you buy!, a stearing wheel lock, the coveted game PIT. I was so happy I chose it and then it was soon taken away:( then on to open gifts. The excitement on all the kids faces was priceless, like they won the lottery! Headed home and read Luke 2, played a quick, impatient round of Santa. Boys were in bed by 7:45 and we had Santa's out by 8:03. We were a little excited okay! 
Christmas morning is such a treat as a parent! The unbelief and surprise on their faces is so fun to see. Boys got their skateboards and Hulk fists to punch each other with. Guns, army guys, flashlights, all things boy. Headed over to lunch at the McMillan's where even more fun was had. My boys usually take the stage and show off their mad wrestling skills. Everyone cheering them on.
We are so truly blessed to be so near to a loving and giving family. I adore all the people in my life and couldn't have chosen better people to spend this life with. I am so happy we celebrate Christ's life and Atonement. How grateful I am my family can be together forever and that we have a loving Heavenly Father and Elder brother cheering us on and waiting for our return. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: