Tuesday, January 8, 2013

After much thought, I've decided to approach goals a little different this year. Everyone's been talking about 
'The Happiness Project', but I'm 85th at the library and heaven forbid I buy a book! I think I get the gist of it 
though. Spend an entire month on a goal (Vitality, Family, etc) and break it down into manageable, attainable 
goals. A while back my mom shared some of her profound inspiration with me. If you're in a funk, use the 
creation as a guide to create a life... With all that being said (confusing, yes?) I decided to make January 
'Organization' month. 

My goal is based on Abraham 4:1 - the Gods organized the heavens and earth. And D & C 88:119 -  'Organize 
yourselves; prepare every needful thing;' 
'Organize yourselves' -  I need to organize my storage areas this month. Mainly kids clothes, holiday decor, camping stuff, tools and of course food storage. 
'Prepare every needful thing' - I will be organizing my food storage based on this awesome guide. I have a good start but if I get something every time I go grocery shopping, I think I'll be done rather quickly. I'm going to include recipes, herbs, tp, wipes, fuel, etc. Also have a 72 hour kit ready, extra money, passports, etc.
I like having a plan!

1 comment:

cristelle amber said...

Looks like we have the same thoughts! I love the idea of having goals for the month, I feel like it is more manageable and will be easier to keep doing, hopefully!!